Board Position Descriptions
Updated Monday October 10, 2016 by Jonathan Hade.
The Vice President shall oversee all aspects of the football operations including the coaching staffs. The Vice President shall perform the following specific duties
- Secure practice fields
- Approve all practice schedules
- Secure medical coverage for practices and games
- Notify football Head Coaches of game cancellations and changes
- Secure referees for home games not scheduled by NCPW.
- Schedule preseason scrimmages.
The Vice President shall be a member of the Placement Committee. In the case of the absence or disability of the President, and provided he/she is authorized by the President or the Board of Directors so to act, the Vice President shall perform the duties of the President and when so acting, shall have all the powers of that office, and shall have such duties as from time to time may be assigned to him/her by the Board of Directors or the President.
The Secretary shall be responsible for recording the activities of the Organization and maintaining appropriate files and necessary records in a location specified by the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall perform such duties as are herein specifically set forth, in addition to such duties as are customarily incidental to the office of Secretary or as may be assigned to him/her by the Board of Directors.
- Take the roll call at Board of Directors meetings and record it
- Take meeting minutes
- Type the meeting minutes and distribute to all Board members not less than one week prior to the next Board meeting
- Type and send all correspondence for the Board of Directors as needed
- Maintain the files in the Board’s storage area in conjunction with his/her duties
- Send out all notifications including news announcements of Board actions or meetings
- Maintain a listing of Adult Members in Good Standing and a listing of Adult Members that have been suspended or expelled by Pomperaug Pop Warner Football and therefore are not in Good Standing
Generate at the beginning of each season a Board of Directors binder containing the current By- Laws, Pomperaug Pop Warner Board member contact list, NCPW Board of Directors contact list, NCPW Rules and Regulations, Pop Warner National Rules and Regulations.
NCPW LEAGUE REPRESENTATIVE
The NCPW League Representative has the power to vote and may make financial commitments on behalf of the Association up to $200 at any Northern Connecticut Pop Warner, Inc. League meeting, and as the case may be before said proposal is brought to the Board. A $50.00 fine has to be paid to the League if the League Representative misses a meeting. The League Representative will also perform the following duties:
- Assist Registrars in validation of players and cheerleaders with the League.
- Obtain game schedules from the NCPW Board of Directors and distribute to the Pomperaug Pop Warner Board of Directors
- Notify the Vice President and the Director of Cheerleading of game cancellations or changes
- Receive from Head Coaches and report game scores to Northern Connecticut Pop Warner, Inc.
- Assist the Vice President and the Director of Cheerleading with the execution of their duties.
The Fundraising Chairperson shall investigate ways and means of financing the Organization and submit recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Submit fund raising programs at the February Board of Directors meeting
- Oversee all aspects and committees for fund raising with the exception of the concession stand and the responsibilities assigned to that position.
- Nominate a person(s) to operate the merchandise sales for both football and cheerleading to the Board of Directors for appointment
- Oversee all merchandise sales
- Maintain records of all fund raising expenses and income and submit to the Treasurer and Board of Directors
- Turn over all monies and securities to the Treasurer for deposit
- Submit reports to the Board of Directors of the fund raising operations when requested
- Submit an end of the year report to the Board of Directors
- Assume interim responsibilities of the Concession Stand Manager should that position be vacant.
Co-Concession Stand Manager
The Concession Stand Manager shall oversee all operations of the concession stand. Including but not limited to
- Obtain any required food service permits.
- Order supplies prior to the start of the season.
- Supervise preseason, during season and end of season cleanup of the concession stand.
- Open and close the concession stand on all home game days.
- Order and maintain food and beverage stock.
- Assign daily concession stand volunteers to jobs as needed.
- Monitor the cash register.
- Send the 50/50 bucket and supplies to the press box before the start of each home game.
- Supervise the end of day clean-up of the stand, its equipment and area after each game day.
- Turn over all monies and register reports to the Treasurer, or President in the Treasurer’s absence, at the end of each game day.
Player Safety Coach Football
Player Safety Coach provides PPW a comprehensive solution for a better safer game. Educates coaches, Parents and Players on key elements to enhanced player safety and oversees the organizations implementation of Heads Up Football.
Player Safety Coach must fulfill the following requirements prior to the start of the season:
- Complete Level 1 Coach certification or recertification
- Complete and pass background check with USA Football’s background screening provider NCSI
- Attend USA Football Player Safety Coach Training clinic offered through in-person or web-based instruction and participate in ongoing training.
The Player Safety Coach Position melds with the roles of coaching mentor and parent liaison for heads up tackling and other player safety matters and specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure all coaches within the organization have completed the USA Football level 1 coach certification course
- Conduct at least one heads up coach’s clinic for all coaches including instruction on equipment fitting, proper tackling, reducing helmet contact and concussion management.
- Conduct at least one player safety clinic for all parents and players including instruction on equipment fitting, proper tackling, reducing helmet contact and concussion management.
- Assume responsibility for checking that coaches are using approved practice plans, properly teaching heads up tackling and using levels of contact approach to reduce helmet contact in practices.
- Observe practices as needed to provide guidance to coaches relative to heads up footballs points of emphasis
- Attend games and serve as an on-field spot-checker and parent liaison to advance heads up football and player safety.
- Serve as the local organization point of contact for player health and safety recommendations.
- Communicate concerns, questions and successes to the PPW board of directors, NCPW league commissioner and USA football.
PPW Webmaster supports and enhances the organizations communications to players their families and the general public and shall have the following responsibilities:
- Organizational announcements and notice of upcoming events on the Warriors website
- Updating Website news and general information including, posting football schedules, scores and standings and cheer completion schedules and results on a regular basis.
- Posting PPW Board of directors and volunteer opportunities.
- Managing forms and handouts on the website for parent/participant (player/cheer) download.
- Creating Website links for advertising of sponsors and vendors
- Facebook Page administration
Registrar of Football
The Registrar of Football shall be responsible for completing all of the required paperwork mandated by the National and Local Pop Warner organizations for football teams. He/She is required to attend player validation, and shall be a member of the Football Placement Committee.
- Assist coaching staffs on validation
- Inform coaching staffs of all rules and regulations on validation and registration
- Provide to the Board of Directors updated listing of coaching rosters and players
- Compile a complete mailing list from the registration forms for use by the Board of Directors
- Prepare registration list for discussion with football Placement Committee and distribute team lists to Head Coaches once approved.